Our Values – In Action
Engage 2017 is a Town and County Planning initiative to get public feedback on updates to workforce housing, natural resource, parking, and Town character regulations. These updates are part of a large-scale effort to implement the 2012 Comprehensive Plan vision. Public feedback is imperative. These updates will define the future character of our community
The Jackson/Teton County community has a joint Comprehensive Plan and jointly plans much of its land use, transportation, and housing policy. Each year the community prioritizes the policy and regulation updates it will pursue. The community’s current priority is to complete the following 5 projects by July 2018.
- Update Town Zoning (outside the Downtown). The purpose of this project is to update zoning in the residential and highway-commercial areas of Town to reflect the desired future character described in the 2012 Comprehensive Plan.
- Town Parking Study (outside the Downtown). The purpose of this project is to evaluate parking alternatives that enable the desired intensity of land use and transit described in the Comprehensive Plan and 2015 Integrated Transportation Plan.
- Natural Resource Protection Regulations Update. The purpose of this project is to update the environmental assessment process and regulations for protection of wildlife habitat and other natural resources in the community.
- Housing LDR Requirements Update. The purpose of this project is to update the
- community’s requirements that new development provide affordable housing to mitigate the need for such housing generated by the development. The policy basis for these regulations needs to be updated to reflect the Comprehensive Plan and 2015 Housing Action Plan; as does the data justifying the requirements.
- Housing Rules and Regulations Update. The purpose of this project is to update the rules and regulations that govern the design, occupancy, and transfer of deed restricted housing units managed by the Jackson/Teton County Housing Department.